Monday, April 18, 2011

Crochet Time

I taught myself to crochet about 6 years ago with one of those kits from Walmart.  The teach yourself to crochet kit.  Since then I have been crocheting and I have a new found love for yarn!!  My favorite thing to crochet is baby outfits.  They crochet up so quickly and make a really nice gift.  I normally don't do bigger projects because I get bored too fast.  I am one of those that has numerous unfinished projects laying around the house.  I eventually do go back to them and get things finished.  It sometimes takes a few years but they will eventually get done!!  Here are a few past projects.  

I made this outfit for a friend who finally had a boy!!

I have made several of these cropped sweaters and bubble suits.  I use different combinations of colors for the suit and flowers.  I make them in a 3 month and 6 month size.  I gave a set to 2 different friends and they look adorable on their babies!!



The next three sweaters I gave to a friend for a baby shower gift.  The green and purple is a size 3 months!

This is a size 6 months sweater.  The baby was born in January.  I might fit her now for Easter
This one is a newborn sweater.  She said her daughter wore it several times and looked adorable in it!!


This is a 6 month outfit I made for my cousin. 
Size 6 month sweater as a gift

Size 6 month sweater
Yellow V-Stitch 6 month outfit
I made this dress, hat, and booties from a pattern I found on line in the free patterns at bernat.com I had left over yarn and I am now making a baby afghan with it.  The baby afghan has the peach as the main color and the lavender as accent. 


I made this outfit for a friend and I also entered it in our local county fair.  I won first prize with it!!

Back of Bonnet

Back of Sweater


Another friend finally had a boy!!!  Aren't the dinosaur buttons cute?

A bowl of crocheted veges out of crochet cotton.  I made the rag bowl too!! This pattern is from sugarncream.com under the kitchen decor section in the free patterns.  It made a nice wedding shower gift!!

Crochet is a lot of fun and I prefer to crochet than knit.  I love to knit but when I want a quick gift crochet seems to work up a lot faster for me.  There are a ton of great free patterns on line.  Most people really appreciate a hand crocheted baby sweater and outfit and put them back as keepsakes when their baby gets too big for it!!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Junie saw her pretty white sweater and bonnet. This looks great!!! Love Ya

"Mary"