Saturday, May 21, 2011

Cupcakes!!

Cupcakes have become the new thing.  Hence the new show cupcake wars.  You can build individualized little cakes for everyone.  This trend has overflowed into weddings as well.  Some one just hired me to make cupcakes for their wedding.  This is the first time I have ever done this.  I was excited yet kind of leery and scared that it would not go right or they would not like them.  So on Thursday I made the pink fondant flowers for the cupcakes and  6 inch cake for them to cut. 


I made my own marshmallow fondant and shaded it in three shades of pink.  I rolled it out and using a small flower cookie cutter, I cut out the flowers.  While the fondant was still soft I add silver dragees for the center and formed them into a 3-D flower. 

Friday I baked all the cupcakes and 6 inch cake.  Thank you mom for watching my boys while I baked and frosted and decorated.  It sure makes it easier when you don't have little ones asking for stuff all day long. 


I piped on butter cream frosting and topped with white edible glitter, a fondant flower, and a few stray silver dragees.  Don't they look scrumptious.  They do taste good.  We sampled the left overs.

The cake for the bride and groom to cut had two layers of cake.  Covered in butter cream frosting and topped with fondant.  Then decorated with the fondant flowers and silver dragees. 



Today I delivered the cupcakes and cake.  It was a beautiful place for an outdoor wedding.  And it finally stopped raining here.  Just in time for her wedding.  She could not have asked for a more perfect day.  Sunny and not too hot!!  This is how I left the cupcakes.  Hopefully they stayed that way until the reception.  I won't know until later how everything turned out.  I am hoping she was very happy with  how the cake and cupcakes turned out!!  I had fun making them.  And learned a few new techniques in the process!!!



4 comments:

Kathy ~ Cackles and Berries said...

What a beautiful display. The cupcakes and little cakes look darling. I give you credit for having the patience to decorate all those little cakes, and even the big cake. I have tried decorating sugar cookies and cakes before, not only am I not very good at it, but I get frustrated! So, I can really appreciate your talent. Great job.

Manders 19 said...

They turned out soooo cute!!!!!!!!!

Creations by Dina said...

The girl I made them for emailed me this morning and said she was very happy with how they turned out. I also altered her wedding dress for her and she said the dress looked great too!!

ELP said...

Beautiful cupcakes and cake. Can I take lessons from you? You are very talented.