Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Fall Wood Crafts

Many years ago I made a bunch of fall wood crafts as prizes for a harvest party.  I love making things out of wood and painting.

Here are all the prizes.  I also filled a few quart mason jars with candy corn and decorated them with orange and black raffia.



The Autumn Greetings sign is made out of 1 inch pine.  It is just cut in a rectangle and painted.  Then screw in eyelets are put on top and wire attached to them.  Raffia tied in a bow finishes the sign off.


The oak leaves and acorns are also cut out of 1 inch pine.  The leaves are all one piece.  The acorns are cut out separately and attached with wire.  A wire hanger is added and a raffia bow finishes it off.


The Autumn Blessings sign is cut out of 1/4 inch plywood.  The pumpkin is cut out in one piece then cut apart into the three pieces.  The leaves are also cut out of 1/4 inch plywood.  After being painted the pieces are attached together using wire.  It also has a wire hanger and is finished off with a raffia bow. 


Fall is my favorite season and I love making fall crafts.  It is also a busy canning season for me so I have very little fall crafts in my house.  I really need to start keeping some of the things I make. 

1 comment:

Ladybug said...

Dina those are awesome, love the
Autunm Greeting Sign,thanks for
sharing, great creative job..:-)
Hugs Trish-Ladybug