Friday, July 15, 2011

Frozen Fruit Pops

Are you looking for another way to use Jello?  These popsicles are a great treat!!!  They are made from Jello and have a great consistency when frozen.  They are firm yet soft enough to bite into just like a popsicle from the store.  The great thing is you can make any flavor that you kind find Jello in.  Which is quite a few.  I normally make several flavors to have on hand.  But right now I just have the blueberry and fudgesicles!!



Mix together 1 3oz pkg of Jello (any flavor)  and 1/2 cup sugar.  I make them up into a 1 quart pitcher so I can pour it right into the molds.  Then pour in 2 cups of boiling water.  Stir until the sugar and Jello are dissolved.  Then add 1 1/2 cups of cold water. 


Now pour your mixture into your popsicle molds.  Put in in the freezer but don't put your sticks in yet.  The mixture is pure liquid and the sticks will not stay upright even in my nice and fancy molds.  I freeze them for 1 1/2 to 2 hours then put the lids on and put the sticks in.  Then freeze completely.





Now unmold your popsicles and put in individual sandwich bags.  I then put them all in a gallon size bag and store in the freezer.  This recipe makes 10-12 servings.  I actually got 13 out of this batch. 



Here is the bag of blueberry popsicles next to the bag of fudgsicles!!



Enjoy your Frozen Fruit Pops and stay cool in all this heat!!!


2 comments:

Dicky Bird said...

Great idea and recipe. Thanks, I am going to give it a try. Blessings from Wisconsin!

Jessica said...

What a great idea!