Friday, July 29, 2011

It's Finished!!

After a month of working on the floral bouquet afghan it is finished.  I was rather surprised at how fast it went together.  I did up enough squares at a time to make a row.  There are 8 rows of 6 squares.  I sewed up each row and started attaching the rows as I went.  This kept me from having  a bag with a bunch of squares in it.  I only had 6 squares made up at one time.  I love the border on it.  I am still unsure if I will give this as a gift or keep it for myself.  I will enter it in our county fair this fall.


I just love how the squares form a circle with a diamond inside.  It really turned out pretty.  I was getting bored towards the last few squares, but I pushed myself to keep going.  Once I started the border my interest was renewed.  I am proud of myself that I stuck it through and got another afghan finished.  And I did not start another project in the middle of it!!!  Now all I have to do is finish all the other projects I have started in the last 5 years!!

4 comments:

Mary said...

Oh Dina that is so pretty. Looke like fancy lace. Good for you. I with I had your tallent.

Dr. Momi said...

Absolutely beautiful! I say it is blue ribbon AND Best of Show worthy!

Ladybug said...

It's beautiful!It's a Blue Ribbon for sure,the border adds a nice finished touch,great job will done!
Blessings
Trish-ladybug

Creations by Dina said...

Thanks for all your kind comments. I love it too!! Glad to get it finished!!