Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Peaches are Done!!!

My peaches are finally done!!!  I am so happy now I can work on other things.  Plus now the 2 big boxes are finally out of my front room.  Which really makes my hubby happy too!!!  I picked peaches a little over a week ago and have been canning peaches every couple of days since then.  This is what I started with. Yummy Ohio grown peaches fresh from our local orchard!!



After canning for a week I ended up with a pantry full of peach goodness.  I got 3 1/2 pints of peach butter.

I made 4 pints of peach jam!!



I canned 30 pints and 7 quarts of sliced peaches.  And today I had enough left over to make a pie. 
Here is the last of the canning with my peach pie!!



I am so excited to have peaches this year.  I did not get any canned last year!!  And I should have enough to make us through a year!!!



2 comments:

Kathy ~ Cackles and Berries said...

Yum! I usually freeze most of the peaches I get but did do one canner full this year. We haven't tried them yet. Do homemade canned peaches taste better then store bought?
Your peach pie looks delicious!!!

Ladybug said...

Delicious Pie.. perfect :_)
Fresh canned peaches taste awesome
much better then Store Purchase
and healthier as well.. We know
whats in Home Canned Veggies and
Fruit !! whole and good....
Many Blessings
Hugs Trish-Ladybug