Monday, October 10, 2011

Fall Crafts

This fall has been so busy for me.  We finished up September with our county fair.  My son did a great job showing his rabbits and goats this year.  We had lots of good times and created new memories. Plus he got a new stack of ribbons and trophies to add to his collection.  We cleaned up from the fair and packed our bags and went to Disney World for a week!!!  Now we are back home and it is back to business as usual.  Which means schooling and finishing up the harvest and canning.  I am happy to hear we did not have a frost yet.  So I need to get to the farm this week and finish harvesting and canning. 

I got out my fall decorations and saw many more that I made.  So I thought I would share some more fall crafts.  I have a few more I want to make this year.  But we will see if I actually have time for it.  I need to start working on Christmas gifts too!!


Here is my fall table.  I made these place mats many years ago.  I took canvas and painted them.  I sealed with a spray sealer then sewed bias tape around the edges.  I like them because they are not specifically for Halloween or Thanksgiving.  I can use them all fall.  Plus they just wipe up with a wash cloth.  They are getting old though. I will eventually have to replace them.


Here is a close up of the place mats!


This is my Turkey napkin holder.  I normally don't get turkey things out until after Halloween but I wanted a napkin holder.  So I just put it on the counter.  I made this several years ago.  It is made out of 1 inch pine and glued together with a dowel rod helping to hold it in place.


Here is my turkey holding some napkins.  If you look closely you can see the Mickey faces on the napkins.  They are left over from Disney World!


Here is a Halloween train that I made out of 1 inch pine.  It is old and the chains have busted on it.  I fixed it several times, now I just set it up and don't worry about the chains!


This fun trio is also cut out of 1 inch pine.  The accent pieces are cut out of 1/4 inch plywood.  The wheels are purchased wood wheels.  I took dowel rods and sharpened the ends with a pencil sharpener.  Glued them in place and stained them.  I also made a set of these that I gave to a friend!


I found the design for this fun little witch out of an old craft magazine.  My cat has fun playing with her.  She is never on the bench where she is supposed to be.  I guess the raffia is just so tempting to play with when you are a cat!!


I made two of these that adorn the archways in our living room.  The wood pieces are cut out of 1/4 inch plywood and painted.  They have been sanded afterwords to give them a more rustic look.  Even though these are Halloween themed I leave them up all fall. 


Once Halloween is over I will bring out the turkeys that I have made.  Then on to all the Christmas decorations!!  Happy fall to everyone. 

I am linking to Homestead Barn Hop





1 comment:

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I'd like to make these but I found out I am a horrible painter!!!! I'll have to practice. Nice job.