Monday, November 7, 2011

Knit Mittens

I have been busy knitting and crocheting again.  Christmas is coming along with cold weather.  I realized that I did not have a pair of gloves so I decided to knit myself a pair of mittens.  I found this lovely free pattern on line.  They are designed after Bella from Twilight.  She was wearing these in the first Twilight movie.  They are so pretty and they whip up so easily.  I got the pattern here .  I was surprised at how fast they whipped up.  I first made a pair for a friend.  And I am glad I did.  I have rather large hands and they mittens did not fit me.  So when I made a pair for myself I repeated the cable pattern once on the hand and added an inch to the thumb.  They fit perfectly and are so warm.  I made them from 100% wool yarn.  I think I might make a few more for Christmas gifts!! 


I love the cable design on the mittens.  They go up close to your elbow so no drafts going in at your wrists!!


They look really pretty on too.  Now I am ready for some cold weather.  Now I just need to knit a hat too match them!!


1 comment:

Eileen said...

They are amazing, beautiful and look great. I have seen this pattern and it is in my to do file.