Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Candied Tangerines

This is my attempt at making Candied Tangerines.  They took a little extra time than what was stated but I think I finally got them to look like the picture.  I saw them on the Monday Barn Hop  on Mad Mad Me site.  They looked scrumptious and I just happened to have some tangerines in my fridge.  Mine took over an hour to cook down.  I don't know if it was because I had more syrup to start with.  I had 3 cups of water with 3 cups of sugar.  I rolled them in sugar last night and layed them on some wax paper.  I let them sit over night.  They were still a little wet and sticky this morning.  So I rolled them again in sugar and this time layed them on a cooling rack.  Now they actually look nice and are not sticky.  They do taste great!!  They have a bitter sweet taste since you candy them with the peel and all!!  Now that they are drying out nicely and not sticky I will try to dip a few in chocolate too!!


I did save the syrup like she suggested and we had some on waffles this morning with a little whipped cream on top!!  What a treat!! It was scrumptious!! 

1 comment:

Michelle said...

These look good. Can you post the recipe or link site. I would love to try them.