Wednesday, December 28, 2011

New Years Resolutions

New Years Resolutions!!
Do you or don't you?
It seems like ever year we get to the end of the year and look back.  Did we accomplish what we wanted to this year?  Did we meet our goals for the year?  More importantly did we keep our New Years Resolution?  I know that most people in some sort of way make a New Years Resolution.  And one of the most popular resolution that is made is to lose weight and get healthy and fit for the New Year.  Well I am not the exception to that statistic!!

Thankfully this year I don't have a ton of weight to get off.  After having abdominal surgery in the summer and not being able to eat much prior to that I had lost the weight I needed to get off.  My goal this year is to keep that weight off and to eat healthy and stay fit. 

When I was single I used to work out 3 hours a day.  I was on a collage track team and I did such events as hurdles, pole vault, and high jump.  I was nice and fit and I loved working out.  I still love to work out but being a stay at home mom who home schools her kids puts a little damper in the work out schedule.  Between home school, church, cub scouts, 4-H, Wednesday night Bible studies and youth activities, and just the daily household chores my days and week gets filled up fast.  So this year my main goal is to take time for myself.  Learn to schedule time every day to do some exercise.

It is harder in Ohio to get outside to exercise.  Thankfully we have had a pretty mild December.  But we normally get the bitter cold and snow in January through March.  So I have to be inventive to get some exercise done in those dreary months.  But I have no excuse not to exercise.  I have a wii.  And we have the wii fit plus.  So I have a routine made up on my person that includes yoga and strength exercises.  It is a 35 minute routine.  I am not drenched in sweat like I would be after I run but it really stretches and tones my body.  I also have a tread mill.  Although I  would rather run outside it will work when necessary.  I also have a weight machine.  I really need to put this to use this year to tone up as well.  I also can do a rowing workout on it.  So between these three things I think I should be able to stay fit this winter.  If I learn to rotate between them hopefully I won't get bored and keep up with it. 

The next step is to keep the kids active during the winter too and get the family eating a little healthier.  It does help that we preserve a lot of our own food!! 

So here is to getting and staying healthy and fit in 2012!!  I hope everyone had a great 2011 and wish everyone the best in 2012!!!


3 comments:

Birds, Bees, Berries, and Blooms said...

I'm not huge on resolutions. I'm more on goals. What I want to get done for the year. Resolutions are broken goals are met. Happy new year.

Creations by Dina said...

I like how you put that. Resolutions do seem to always be broken. This year I am making goals!!

Suzie Thomas said...

By building strong bones and maintaining your bone mass your bones should be in good shape as you age. There are a variety of exercises or routines that can help with this, but one that I prefer includes the abdominal exercise machines.