Monday, January 30, 2012

Soft Scrub Update


It has been a little over a  week since I first made and used my soft scrub. I have  learned a few tips when using it.  The first thing I learned is I need to make sure I rinse it off well.  I think it might be the vegetable glycerin in it.  But the next day when I was walking in my bathroom the floor felt sticky.  And the toilet seat felt sticky when you sat on it.  I have a bad habit of not rinsing off my cleaner well.  Even when I bought cleaner my bathroom floor always felt sticky.  I just took a wet cloth and wiped down those surfaces again and then it was no longer sticky. 

So the other day when I cleaned my bathroom again.  Yes!! I cleaned my bathroom two weeks in a row!! That is a record for me.  Don't Judge me!  I hate cleaning and the bathroom is no exception.  And when I was using those toxic cleaners I was lucky to clean it twice a month.  I spot cleaned, especially around the toilet (I have 2 boys need I say more) and kept things looking clean.  But I only thoroughly cleaned (shower, tub, walls, floor, etc.) a couple times a month.  So anyways, when I thoroughly cleaned my bathroom the other day I made sure I rinsed the soft scrub off well. Plus I think I was using way too much.  You really don't need a lot of soft scrub.  And if you use a sponge it makes it last even longer.

I have been using it to wash off my kitchen counters, my stove top, and I cleaned my fridge with it.  Everything looks so clean has the antiseptic properties of the peppermint and as a bonus my house smells like peppermint and not cleaner!!  I have not even used a quarter of  my soft scrub yet.  And I have been cleaning a lot with it.  So now that I am have learned  how to clean with it and  how many things  I can clean with the soft scrub.  And how long it is actually lasting.  I am starting to think it truly is cost effective.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

How is it for animals? I am afraid my animal might try to lick where I use it, because of the peppermint smell