Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Raspberry Pie Bars

I wanted to make a red dessert for Valentines Day.  So I looked through my pantry to see what I had that was red.  I found  a few jars of Red Raspberry Pie filling that I canned during the summer.  Check my blog on Raspberry Pie Filling to find out how to can your own.



So I decided to make raspberry pie bars.  My youngest does not like pie but he loves these.  To make the pie bars I simply made a enough pie crust for double crust pie.  I rolled out a little over half of the pie dough the length of my  pan. See my blog on Mulberry Pie to find my recipe for pie crust.



Then I spread the raspberry pie filling over the crust.  Next I rolled out the remaining dough and cut it into strips and layed it on the filling in a lattice.  I cheated and did not weave the strips of crust.  I just layed them on top. 


Put in the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes or until the crust is browned.  When they are cool mix together 2 cups powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 3 Tablespoons of milk.  Pour over crust and let sit until cool. 


Cut into squares and enjoy. 



These can be made with any type of pie filling.  If you are using purchased pie filling you will need to cans of it. I make these with my own apple pie filling, blueberry, and black raspberry pie filling too!



I am linking to Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop

1 comment:

labbie1 said...

YUM!!!!! That looks just great! I am going to add that to my recipes and I am pinning it as well! Yum!