Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Happy Spring

Here in Ohio we normally welcome spring with temperatures in the low 50's.  Today we welcomed spring with a high temperature of 83 degrees Fahrenheit!!  We have been wearing shorts since last Wednesday.  This is not normal temperatures for Ohio in March.  But it is a warm welcome.  We have had such a mild winter and now a very warm March.  It makes us wander when the bottom is going to fall out and when that last snow storm is going to hit.  We are hoping that we won't have snow on Easter.  Which has happened before.  I have a picture of me and my brothers in our snow suits with a snowman.  We were holding a sign that said Good Friday April 9th.  We just hope that old man winter has left for the season and that spring is truly here!!

We have been tilling gardens and even planting a few things.  I have been running outside and taking my kids biking.  My son has been working with his goats and training them for harness and pack.  It is so hard to imagine that I got sunburned yesterday and today.  I need to make some sunscreen to use.  Which is so odd for me to even think of making sunscreen in March.  I normally start to make it the end of May or beginning of June. 

It has been so nice that it has s been hard to focus on doing school.  My kids are so lucky that we home school because they got to enjoy this wonderful weather.  We even saw our first snakes of the season.  Not my favorite especially when one was very big.  But they came out to enjoy the sunshine too!! We saw 2 Eastern Garter Snakes like this one below.  One was quite large and the other a bit smaller.  It was very curious and kept coming towards us.  Which really freaked us out.  I am not a snake person.  It eventually turned around and went the other way.  This was the third snake I saw in about 10 minutes.  I had seen enough snakes for the day so we promptly left the trails!


I hope everyone enjoyed their first day of spring.  We certainly did!!

No comments: