Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pumpkin Bunting

I knitted a bunting to go along with the pumpkin hat and booties for my friend.  I was very surprised at how fast it knitted up.  Either it was a very easy pattern or I am finally getting a little faster at knitting.  It probably is a combination of both.  I found the pattern on   Lion Brand Yarn website.  Go to free patterns and type the pattern number listed below.
Pattern #: kja-shellBunting
 
I used large sew in snaps on the bottom so she could use it in a car seat.  And then snap it closed when she was just out and about. I accented with pastel green buttons to match the leafs on the hat and booties.
Here is the picture with the bunting and hat and booties altogether.  I am happy with how they all turned out.  I think I will knit up another hat and booties for my sister in law who is due a couple of weeks before halloween!!




2 comments:

Eileen said...

That bunting suit is very CUTE ! The snap idea, how wonderful. Hope you and your family are doing well !

Kathryn D. Duke said...

this is about one of the cutest things I have ever seen.....very creative!!