Sunday, April 29, 2012

Angry Bird Cake

My son has yet another cake auction for his cub scouts this year.  The boys and adult helpers get so creative with the cakes each year.  It is fun to see what they come up with.  We were running out of time this year and it was kind of an afterthought.  So I pulled out what I had on hand and we threw together this cake.  I did not do as good of a job on the angry birds as I did the cake pops.  We just used jelly beans for the combs and pigs ears.  And starburst for the beaks.  We were using up left over Easter candy.  The cake is just a 9x13 cake with a smaller cake on the end.  Half of the smaller cake was cut up to use for the wood pieces that the pigs are on.  My son wanted a slingshot but I just wanted to be done with the cake and get them to bed.  It still turned out nice and it doesn't matter if he places with it or not.  He will still get to auction it off and have a lot of fun!!



No comments: