Sunday, June 24, 2012

Black Raspberry Pizza

I make this dessert all the time.  The recipe is for strawberry pizza.  But I also use it for black raspberry and also red raspberry.  Whatever I have a lot of.  The black raspberries are getting ripe right now in our area.  They are a week or so earlier than normal.  I guess it is our warm winter and very warm spring that has made a lot of the fruit  in our area get ripe earlier than normal.

I found this recipe in one of my taste of home magazines.  You can find it on line here.

I cheated though and used black raspberry jam instead of making a syrup with the fresh black raspberries.  When I make black raspberry jam I remove a lot of the seeds. So I wanted to use this instead of making a fresh syrup and having a ton of seeds in it.  So I just heated it up a little and pour it on my pizza.  It tasted fantastic and of course there isn't any left!


I decided to freeze the black raspberries that I had left.  I still have a lot of black raspberry jam left over from last year.  (Which is odd, my husband normally devours it on top of ice cream) So to freeze black raspberries I put my washed raspberries on a cookie sheet in a single layer and freeze.  Once they are frozen I put them into a freezer bag or container and pop them into my freezer.

No comments: