Saturday, July 7, 2012

It's Hot!!!

My has time flown by.  It seems like ages since I last posted.  I have been busy with a church function that lasted a week.  I was in charge of our concession stand so I spent a week buying up all the food, pop, water, Gatorade, and candy.  Then I spent a week doing our church function.  It was many long hours with very little sleep.  But it was worth it.  It is for a good cause and helps out the community. 

The only thing is it has been very hot.  The whole last week a heat wave has swept over our part of the country.  The temperature averaged in the upper 90's to low 100's with the heat index up to 108-110 on most days.  I was so busy and spent so much time working out in the heat that I lost 6 pounds in the last week. 

Today when I got in my truck the temperature said it was 104. We spent most of the day in the air conditioning.  We have extra fans on in the house along with the central air and it is still 80 degrees in here!!  We will welcome the cold front next week.  It is kind of funny when we think that temperatures in the lower 80's is cool!!

Well now that my schedule is getting some what back to normal I am hoping to do more posts on farm life and our family garden. 

So until then we are going to try and stay cool!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

We live in California. 80 degrees is cool to us too.