Thursday, July 19, 2012

Pittsburgh Steeler Raggedy Andy

I have a friend who is having a baby soon.  She is having a boy and is from Pennsylvania.  She is a huge Pittsburgh Steeler fan.  My hubby is too and so are my sons.  Which is some what frowned upon in Ohio.  Kind of like rooting for Michigan instead of Ohio State.  My mom made the younger grandsons Raggedy Andy dolls a few years back. She made my brother's kids Ohio State Raggedy Andy's and my son a Pittsburgh Steeler Raggedy Andy.  My 8 year old still sleeps with his.  It is his best friend.  Kind of an imaginary friend for him.  He straps him in with a seat belt in the car and all!

I knew that when my friend got pregnant I had to make one for her.  So I waited to find out what she was having.  If she was having a girl I would of made her a Raggedy Ann doll.

It turned out really cute and my son was ready to trade in his very worn Raggedy Andy.  I had to tell him no that this was for someone else.


My son insisted that I took a picture with his Raggedy Andy Doll.
His doll is appropriately named Steeler.


I am linking to Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop

Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop


2 comments:

Birds, Bees, Berries, and Blooms said...

That is pretty funny. I love the story.

Deborah Jean at Dandelion House said...

so cute... Oh the bonds those boys will have and the memories too! Great job!