Saturday, July 21, 2012

Seven-Minute Pudding

I love this recipe for a quick and easy pudding.  My family loves the custard like flavor and texture of it too.  It is made in the microwave in 7 minutes.  I found this recipe a long time ago in one of my Taste of Home Magazines.  You can find the recipe here.
I often make this when I have left over egg yolks from making white cake.  Today I made cup cakes for a bridal shower tomorrow.  So I had 3 egg yolks left over.  I made a batch and a half of this pudding.

To make a batch just put 2 cups milk, 2 egg yolks, 1/3 cup sugar, and 2 tablespoons of cornstarch into a large microwave safe bowl.  Whisk it together until well blended.  Put in the microwave on high for 5 minutes.  Pull out and whisk until smooth.  Microwave for another 2 minutes.  Add 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.  Blend until smooth.  Pour into individual bowls.  I like to sprinkle a little nutmeg on top of mine.  Let cool. 
My family enjoys eating these when they are still slightly warm. I love these little custard cups.  They are from pampered chef and have lids to them.  You can actually bake in them too.  It is nice that if you have any left overs you can put the lid on the cup and put it into the fridge!




No comments: