Friday, July 13, 2012

Summer Bounty

The family garden is beginning to reap it's harvest. I have been weeding some things but other things are ready to harvest.  I picked a basket full of fresh vegetables this evening.  I just bought this new basket.  It is a collapsible basket so it is perfect for storage.  I love the padded handles.  I have been wanting one of these for a while so I was excited when they put them in the clearance section.


There was still several more rows of beans to pick and carrots and beets.  But I was getting tired and I only like to pick as much as I can preserve in a couple of days. 


The basket was almost full of green and yellow beans.  From the left is a patty pan squash, zucchini and yellow summer squash, a striped zucchini, and dill.  At the bottom is straight eight cucumbers and grape leaves.  The dill and grape leaves are for dilly beans!!

I had no clue how big this basket was.  When I emptied out the beans into my stock pot it was over flowing.  It is nice to have a basket of goodies from the garden.  The tomatoes are starting to get ripe now too.  So I know in a couple of weeks I will be canning a lot of sauce!!

No comments: