Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Fun Halloween Cake Pops




We are going to a Halloween Party and Trick or Treat on Wednesday.  I  decided to make some fun cake pops to take.  I wanted to make a cake that was festive so I decided to make a pumpkin spice cake.  It tastes great but I realized that the cake was way too moist to try and form into cake pops.  I made do though and ended up having to freeze them to get them to stay in shape while I dipped them in chocolate.  Thankfully the designs I decided to make look ok kind of rough and lumpy.
 
Here is my pumpkin cake cooling.
 

 
I crumbled it up
 
 
I had left over red icing.  So I added yellow to make it orange.
I thought it would go well with the pumpkin cake.
 
 
I shaped them into balls and rectangles
 

 
Some of the balls I made into witches cauldrons.
I used nerds for the bubbling brew!!
 


For the spiders I covered them in black sugar and then used
black shoe string licorice and candy eyes. I had to split the
bag half way up to get the bag on without losing legs. I still
had a few tragedies but not many!!
 

 
For the mummies I added candy eyes and then drizzled on more
white chocolate
 
 
The werewolves have candy eyes nose and teeth. 
 
 
I was a little frustrated with these cake pops.  I will have to make sure next time to use a cake that is not so moist.
They did not turn out how I wanted them but they still ended up cute.

No comments: