Thursday, October 11, 2012

Halloween Cake Pops

I helped a friend make some cake pops last night.  This is only the third time I made cake pops.  The first time I made them using that cake pop maker.  This time I made them the traditional way.  This is making cake, crumbling it up, adding icing, then forming it into shapes.  I have to tell you this was rather fun and I will be making them this way from now on. 

We made chocolate cake balls.  Then dipped it in orange melting chocolate.  It needed to be dipped twice to fully cover the cake pops.  We decided to put the sticks in the top.  She wants to display them on a plate. 

We made up some royal icing and piped on leaves and vines.


We then put them in clear bags and tied some ribbon in a bow.  They look so festive and will look so pretty displayed on a plate.

 
For the ghosts we shaped the same size ball of yellow cake into a peanut.  Then they were put on a cookie sheet to flatten the bottom slightly.  Dipped in white chocolate and then a face piped on with royal icing.  The are so cute!!


These were bagged in a spider web bag and in a pumpkin bag.  Tied up with a bow they really spruce up the white ghost cake pops!!




Now I am going to have to make some for myself so I can taste them.  She needed these for a show she is doing.  So I just got to have the fun of helping make and decorate!!

I am linking to Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop

circa 2011 The ORIGINAL Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop


1 comment:

Meow Opre said...

Geee so cute cupcakes in here! I was browsing for more Halloween recipes like Cakes , Halloween Cupcakes and more food ideas. Thanks for sharing and I do hope I could pin some nice photos on my Pinterest boards. Good day!