Monday, December 10, 2012

Christmas Bark

I love to make Christmas Bark.  It is easy to make and makes great gifts.  I have three versions of it that I make.  But you can really add anything you want to it.



Oreo Bark

Take white chocolate and melt it.  I use the 1 1/2 pound packages and melt them down. You can either melt in the microwave or in a double boiler.  I prefer a double boiler.  So it stays melted between batches.


Take a bag of oreos and crush them in a gallon size bag. 



Pour the oreos into the melted chocolate.  I used only half the bag of  crushed oreos.  Then either pour onto a cookie sheet and spread out or spoon into molds.  I found these great molds at a craft store last year.  They hold 1/2 pound of melted chocolate.


I like to use the snowflake mold for white chocolate bark and the Christmas tree mold for the chocolate bark. If you are using mold spoon the chocolate into the mold then tap the mold lightly on the counter to release air bubbles and to spread it out evenly.  Put mold in the freezer for 5-10 minutes until it is completely set.  If you spread it out on a cookie sheet.  Let it completely harden and then break into small pieces.

 
Remove from the mold and bag it up.
I like to tie them up with some pretty ribbon.
 

 

Crisp Rice Bark

I like putting in the crisp rice into chocolate bark.  It taste like a Nestle Crunch Bar.  I found these at a bulk food store but you can get them at most places that sell candy making supplies.


I only used half of this bag to the 1 1/2 pound package of chocolate.



I get 3 molded barks out of each 1 1/2 pound package.  There is a little left over so I make suckers out of the left overs.


These cow suckers looked so cute in the white chocolate Oreo.



I used up the other half of the bag of crushed oreos and made chocolate Oreo bark.

The last type of bark I normally make is peppermint bark.  I normally make this using white chocolate.

Peppermint Bark

Crush candy canes and put into your melted white chocolate.  I love peppermint bark.  It is so pretty and festive.  Plus I love peppermint. 

 Here is my basket of Christmas bark.  I figure out the price and it cost about $1.50 for each big bag of Christmas Bark.  Not bad for a nice gift to give out!!





2 comments:

Michelle said...

YUM YUM YUM I am so making this. Can I use the rice cereal?

Michelle said...

I don't know if my others comment took. Can I use rice cereal. My family is going to love this .Thank you so much.