Thursday, January 31, 2013

Basketball Cake Pops

I am learning a few new tricks and getting better at making cake pops.  Each time I make them they turn out a little better. 

I kept wandering how to get the cake into nice fine crumbs.  Never occurred to me to use my food processor.  I saw this on line some where.  So I gave it a try.  It Turned out perfect.


See how fine the crumbs are!
 

This is one cake mix baked and crumbled.  To this add 1/2 cup of a nice thick butter cream frosting.


Mix it up by hand until the frosting is thoroughly mixed.  Form into balls or desired shape.
I used a scoop to insure uniform size.  Refrigerate until nice and firm.  Dip sticks into melted
chocolate and insert into cake balls.


Then dip them into chocolate shaking off excess.  Let dry.

 
I used Royal Icing to pipe on the lines for the basket balls.
 
 
Here they are packages up and ready to go.  These are for a friend who
wanted them for her kids snack for their basketball games.
 

No comments: